Catering for over a million visitors each year, the Guinness Storehouse is one of Ireland's most popular attractions. But this Disneyland of Beer has its downsides -- chiefly the queuing, sometimes for an hour or more, to enter. Worse, the Guinness Brewery is in a run-down area of Dublin, with not many amenities around. If you're hungry or thirsty, you won't be able to grab a drink or snack, like a soda or a hot dog while you wait.
Ways to Skip the Line at the Guinness Storehouse Entrance
Fortunately, the smart visitor can avoid waiting in line like a chump! Here are two ways to skip the queues and go right in:
1. Buy your ticket online, from the official Guinness Storehouse website. (Note: we have deliberately not linked to the website here, just to show you that we are not affiliated in any way with the Guinness Storehouse. This is just an honest tip!)
- If you pre-purchase your tickets, you can skip the queue entirely and go straight through
- You also get a 10% discount!
2. Buy your ticket as part of your tour
- If you are coming to Dublin as part of a packaged tour, for example a Shore Excursion or a Walking Tour, ask your tour guide to sell you a ticket for the Guinness Brewery.
- It's probably a good idea to check out the official price online first -- but most reputable tours sell the tickets at least at face value, if not at a discount.