Located near Parkes Castle and Lough Gill, this was the last monastery to be founded by the Franciscan Order prior to the suppression. The O’Rourke family was instrumental in its establishment circa 1508.
The ruins that exist on the site today include that of a tower, transept, nave, windows, and nearby tombs, along with some domestic buildings. Carvings are visible on the pillars of what was once the cloister. They depict scenes of St. Francis and the stigmata, as well as the saint communicating with various animals. The Friary was occupied in some form until the end of the 17th century.