LoginorRegister
Cart
Your cart is empty

Aran Inspired

St. Anne's Church and Shandon Bells Tower

This popular Cork City landmark, visible across the area, was built in 1722. Also called Shandon Church, its steeple holds eight distinctive bells of the same name, for which the poem by Francis Mahony was written.

Read full article
St Finbarr's Cathedral

Saint Finnbar's Cathedral, also known as Fin Barre's Anglican Cathedral, is an impressive Church of Ireland cathedral located in the centre of Cork city. The founder of Cork City chose the site of this 1880 church to build his original church and school around the year 650.

Read full article
Ardigole and Healy Pass

Ardigole is a small, pretty and historic harbour village located on the scenic Healy Pass road. This hilly route through the Caha mountains on the Beara peninsula offers amazing panoramas, particularly if taken in the late afternoon on a summer’s day. The road winds from West Cork through to County Kerry.

Read full article
Allihies

Allihies – with two shops, a post office and four pubs – is typical of the type of self-contained Irish village that was once found throughout the country. Villages like Allihies (population: 650) are becoming less prolific as the country’s rapid urbanisation continues, with more people moving to suburban dormitories.

Read full article
Ballinascarthy

Ballinascarthy is a small village that is famed for its connection with the Ford Motor Company. The village is situated five miles from Clonakilty on the main road to Cork. The nearby Lisselan Estate, with some fine gardens, is open to the public. Other attractions in the area include golf and fishing.

Read full article
Cork City

Also known as The Rebel City because of its role in successive struggles for Irish independence, this centre of learning and industry was designated a European Capital of Culture in 2005. Cork City is situated between two channels of the River Lee, and there are enough bridges and waterways in the city to inspire comparisons to Venice.

Read full article
Crawford Municipal Art Gallery

The building that houses the Crawford Municipal Art Gallery dates back to 1724. It is located on Emmet's Place, next to the Cork Opera house. Admission to Crawford Municipal Art Gallery is FREE.

Read full article
Cork City Gaol Heritage Center and Radio Museum

The proposal for a city gaol in Cork originated with an act of Parliament in 1804. The actual complex did not open to accept inmates until 1824.

Read full article
English Market

Commerce began on this site as the result of a 1610 charter of King James. The building that first covered this old English style food market was designed by Sir John Benson and built in 1881. A fire wreaked havoc here in 1980, but the market was subsequently rebuilt. Today it is known as Ireland's best. It is a paradise for lovers of good food, and known as Princes Street Market, or as the locals refer to it, the Covered Market.

Read full article
Cobh

The town of Cobh (pronounced Cove) located southeast of Cork City, is a pretty Georgian seaside resort popular today with windsurfers and sailors. It has a long and rich history as a bustling port and emigration centre. The town's original name, Cobh, was changed to Queenstown in 1849 in honor of Queen Victoria's visit. The name reverted back to Cobh in 1920.

Read full article